After few months of absence, I’m finally back to the orchid world. New collection means new vivarium to take care of the intermediary orchids.
Entirely homemade – from the conception to the realization! And few steps:
- 3 hours waiting at the airport to come with a plan
- 1 hour to Home Depot to have the wood cut, buy paint, wheel, …
- 1 hour at Tap Plastic for the plastic sheet
- and few hours to build the vivarium
A total of 2 days of work.
The vivarium has:
- wheels to move it easily
- a lower section for all my orchid books and tools I need
- the vivarium itself – has a door to easily access the orchid, two ventilators (one inside, one on the side to provide fresh air), light on the top
- thermal and humidity meter
I was thinking to use a fog system to maintain humidity, but it seems that it will not be necessary – every other day watering is enough to keep higher than 70%.
I installed all the orchids last weekend and will keep an eye on them for the next two weeks and see if it needs adjustment.
I have to write that I’m very proud of myself!